Found these journals from my childhood from when I was age 8–9. Interesting what we think as children and what are interests are then. I found a lot of similarities in my current passions, and that’s fascinating we can begin to formulate our interests from such a young age. I see my personality through these journals too. Funny and makes me smile.
Some observations from my childhood journals about myself:
- I used to love Halloween, but that changed! I now hate it. ha.
- I was always very detailed, observational, factual, and curious as a kid. Nothing has changed. I’m still that way.
- It seemed I used to reflect on things being fun and that I looked forward to the feelings and experiences of even little things in life when I was a child. I should do more of this as my journals are filled with anticipation of life from the small to the large events and are very much filled with happiness, gratefulness, and joy. I try to do this now, but it seems instinctual as a child from reading these journals. Time to slow life down.
- I always loved food.
- I did not like reading. I liked watching TV and I had a whole host of informational and fun TV shows and things for fun to do at any point. I kept busy and informed for my little self. Savored those shows. and I was proud of my knowledge I’d learn from them.
- I loved competition.
- I liked games and playing with my friends and family.
- I wanted it quiet to learn. And kept my little mind focused on school and good grades.
- I cherished all the people in my life and lived through their passions and love as being of great importance to me.
- I was funny and witty.
- I was creative.
- I always loved math even from age 8.
- I always loved music and playing instruments.
- I used to love drawing… what happened?
10/01/1996 — October is Halloween. October is bow season which means hunting. October is Christopher Columbus’ birthday. And it may snow in this month. And October means only one more month until my birthday.